I used to be great at challenges. I mean, I shaved my head because I hit a $5000 fundraising challenge 10+ years ago. I drank 10 shots of flaming alcohol in one night because the server told me I could keep ordering them as long as I could still say the name of the shot: ROCKET FUEL. Notice my future wife happens to be on a date the first night we actually met: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
And now… not so much. Write 30 days in a row? Nope. I thought about writing every day, though. Post a picture every day for a year? Nuh uh. But I have been taking them every day.
Anyway, there’s always the 101 things in 1001 days list that I always tinker around with. It’s not a challenge, but more of a to-do list. Come to think of it, I’m not so good at those either. The last check in was mid-December and 14 out of the 101 things had been crossed off as complete. It’s been three months and I have no idea what, if anything, has changed.
3. Read at least one book, on average, every month of this project. I’m at 22 books read out of my goal of 33 books by the end of this project. So close to nailing this one if I could just finish up the last 20% of this crappy business-type book that I can’t make myself finish. But when I’ve started a book, I have to finish it so I can put it on this damn list.
18. Make two things from Pinterest. I built our firepit this summer and let’s not forget the stupid calm down jar that has now been taken away for good because he somehow caused it to leak.
19. Go out with friends in some fashion at least once a month. 2017 is not off to a very social start. In January, I hung out with co-workers a couple of times at happy hours, which I’m counting because a) I have cool co-workers and 2) it still counts as socializing. My February social time was also work-related, but food and drinks with co-workers while setting up for a massive event was super great. We also went to a Valentine’s Day party hosted by the Family Equality Council. For my sanity and somewhat extroverted self, I need to do better on this guy.
20. Date night with my wife at least once a month. We saw a movie in the theater for the first time since the last Hunger Games movie in January. It was glorious. We also had brunch one morning before we had a doctor’s appointment. Twice in one month! Zero in February.
81. Complete the 365 Photo Project. I’m still going at over 70 days into the year. They’re just sitting on my phone, so I need to figure out a better way to upload them on time and also a way to organize them. I think it’d be cool to print them all out in a tiny book when I’m done just to see my progress on something tangible.
That’s it. That’s all I got. I feel like some of these could be self care related. I need to keep that in mind.