I’ve been going back and forth on this little scheme of mine for the past few days. I haven’t been really sold on it, and I think the longer I think about, the more I’m gonna consider it a little too carefully. So this is how it’s gonna be.
If I can raise $5000 for The 3 Day Walk this year, I’ll shave my head.
Seriously. My parents weren’t keen on the idea, and my aunt may have peed her pants when I tried to hypothetically ask how quickly hair grows back, but it’s for an incredible cause. And I’m fortunate enough to be able to grow my hair back.
Last year, I raised just over $3000 by holding fundraisers and receiving generous donations from all of you – my friends and family. This year, I want to bump it up a few notches and I’m obviously going to need some help doing it. I figure the least I can do to those who donate to my efforts is to give them the pleasure (?) of knowing I’ll be walking around with no hair for a while.
A few things to note:
- I have to raise the money before the walk takes place, which is August 24-26.
- I’m not using a straight-edge razor, but I’ll buzz it nice and close. Think Natalie Portman or Demi Moore.
- There will undoubtedly be photographs and videos for documentation purposes.
- You wanna help shave it? Be my guest.
- This isn’t meant to make light of people who lose their hair as a result of any type of cancer treatment.
- There are probably more, but this is all I can think of for now!
I’ve raised $900 so far. I’m gonna need some more donations if this hair’s coming off. Here’s where you go to donate.