I suck at blogging. Whatevs. It’s not like you didn’t know that by now. I’d go back to 2001 blogging anytime, man. Posting five times a day with posts that were not at all important to anyone in the world and didn’t scream #branding and #sponsored all the time. (Hey, not gonna lie. I did a fair share of sponsored posts, but it wasn’t every single day, man. And it usually included a picture of some nature from a drinking escapade at a bar. But anyway…)
I figured it was a time for an almost 3 month update on this massive list of things to do. You can review said list here. I’ve wrapped up six things which puts me at just under 6% done with this list. I’m happy with that.
Things I have accomplished since March 4, 2016:
11. Graduate with my Bachelor’s Degree. I’m just waiting on my diploma to arrive in the mail. I feel like this task should be its own blog post. But BOOM. It’s done. Don’t talk to me about school every again. Except I already know what Master’s program I’ll pursue if I go ahead and do it, but I’m never talking about school again.
27. Do the Polar Plunge again. I technically did it again the day after I made this list, so I’ll check it off. But I also want to do it again.
41. Find a new primary care physician. I scored big on this one. I found a random one and then stalked her enough to find out she was friends on Facebook with our old doctor that we loved A LOT. I made an appointment because of some stuff I have going on and loved her. Ozzy had her 18 month check up with her last week and I got a prescription for blood pressure medication. Ha. Haha.
44. Make a new firepit for our house. A quick trip to Menards and an hour in the backyard and the firepit is alive. The backyard feels like it’s mine now.
63. Buy a new computer. I bought myself a Chromebook. The absolute only thing I don’t one million percent love about it is trying to figure out what to do with all the pictures I take. I think a gigantic external hard drive is in order, but just haven’t gotten around to getting one yet.
100. Get a new title. I put this on my list every time I make one and it always happen. Awesome, but now I feel like I have to wait 900 days for another new title. I went from HR Generalist/Recruiter to HR Assistant Manager. YEP, MIDDLE MANAGEMENT. That’s another long story, but one that ended up with a really great ending.
Things that are currently in progress:
2. Plan out my tattoo for Riley. I‘m tattoo-obsessed right now and think I have an idea for his tattoo. I just have to figure out if it’s possible for where I want it.
19. Go out with friends in some fashion at least once a month. Bro date with Ani for beers and basketball in March. Burgers with Jenny and then a mini-vacation with Matt and Jenni in April. May was dinner with Alisa who happened to be in town from New Hampshire.
20. Date night with my wife at least once a month. You guys, this is hard. I’d ask friends to babysit all the time, but my wife isn’t crazy about that idea. I feel like we have friends that wouldn’t be shy about telling us no, but again with my Minnesotan wife. :) I think we went to dinner one night in March and then we went to a basketball game last night. This needs to improve, so we’ll have to make up the missed April date some other time. Makeup dates are allowed because it’s my list.
30. Send my grandparents a postcard at least once a month. Postagram is the greatest app ever. I send them a postcard, normally with Ozzy’s picture on it, at least once a month and my grandma keeps them all out on her table. It’s the most adorable thing ever.
59. Visit 30 new restaurants (2/30). We had breakfast at Capital View Cafe this morning and dinner at Fireside Lounge a few weeks ago. Both of them are less than a mile from our house and we’ll definitely be going back to both of them. We technically ate at five new restaurants when we were in Orlando in April, but I’m not counting them unless it gets down to crunch time and I still need five more!
98. Go to a work conference on average 2x a year. Knocked 2015 out already with a three day SHRM conference in Orlando and a one day local conference. Hoping to hit another one in October here locally if it works out!