Then again, I always have big blogging ideas. I mean, honestly, I have really great ideas all the time. It’s just the execution piece that I’m terrible at coming up with. My Strengths Finder results are in no way at all even remotely tied to the executor category of them, so I’m not overly surprised. If we take a quick peak at the progress I’m making on my 101 things in 1001 days list, we can all see just how unsuccessful I am at getting shit done. It’s cool, though. I’m accepting it.
Here’s the current list I’ve been working on since March 4, 2016. Things aren’t going well and I’m throwing in the towel on some of them, because I’m not delirious and having pending things on a to-do list never makes me feel awesome.
Let’s go with the list that just isn’t happenin’:
- Date night once a month with my wife. (3/2016, 5/2016, 8/2016, 9/2016, 10/2016, 11/2016, 12/2016, 1/2017) This is terrible and I know. I also know it’s not going to get any better at all with a second baby making his or her entrance early next year. We’re going to need to suck it up and start not being afraid to ask people to babysit.
- Have game night at our house 2x a year. We’ve never had anyone over to our house for any reason other than Ozzy’s 1st birthday party, to house sit or to have them help us with some thing. I did meet a nice electrician this way.
And where’s where I’ve been able to knock things completely off the list:
- Re-do this website again. For me, that means changing WordPress themes and I’ve done that five million times, but this time I want to use help from the toronto seo consultant. International Seo Company that have an international presence need to have an international SEO strategy. What works in one region isn’t necessarily going to work in another, and one page on your website may not appeal globally to all of your visitors.
- Use Untapped again to try 10 new beers. Éphémère Bleuet by Unibroue, Apple Jack by Sociable Cider Werks, Apple Hard Cider by Uncle John’s Hard Cider, Mexican Honey Imperial Lager by Indeed Brewing Company, Ciderkin by Argus Cidery, Blueberry Wheat by Abita Brewing Company, Rekorderlig Päron by Åbro Bryggeri, Hopitoulas by NOLA Brewing, Blonde by NOLA Brewing, Strawberry Ale by Convington Brewhouse. Nailed it, thanks to a few days in New Orleans. And honestly, it was really, really awesome trying drinks in a city that had beers I’d never even heard of before. I should do that more.
And the still-in-progress items:
- Go out with friends in some fashion at least once a month. (2016, 1/2017, 2/2017) I’ve realized how important this one is to my mental health. I’m an extrovert and needs downtime, but without both, it just doesn’t make for a super happy Wendy.
- March 2017 (happy hour with some co-workers), April 2017 (Transportation Museum with some friends and we went to a co-worker’s fundraiser), May 2017 (Went to a birthday party), June 2017 (five days of HR conference nerdery)
- Get June to the point where she doesn’t lose her shit when people come over. Amelia’s mom was here for a whole week and June let her touch her pretty much every day and that’s a big win when it comes to our neurotic little mutt. She’s never going to jump in anyone’s lap, but I’ll take it if she’s not barking the ENTIRE time that someone’s here.
- Visit 30 new restaurants. 21/30 Fireside Lounge & Bar, Capitol View Cafe, Crooked Pint & Ale House, Blvd Bar & Grille, Highland Grille, Taco Libre, Giordano’s (the Minneapolis version), Boatright’s Dining Hall (Orlando), Anchor Bar (Superior, WI), Square Grouper (Key West), Bagatelle (Key West), Sandbar Sports Grill (Key West), Roostica (Key West), Frita’s (Key West), Cedar and Stone, Killer PoBoys (New Orleans), Cochon Butcher (New Orleans), World of Beer (New Orleans), Oceana Grill (New Orleans), Copper Monkey (New Orleans), Grindhouse Killer Burgers (Atlanta). Traveling is clearly helping.