I feel like I’ve been incredibly busy and I know I’ve been incredibly busy, but none of it has related to this monster list of 101 things that I hoped to accomplish… you know, the one I made back before we were married, when I had a different job and wasn’t expecting a baby in 91 days.
Here’s my ongoing list. I’m up to 32 things done out of 101.
- Visit the in-laws in Montana. Done. And it was very, very awesome. We had an incredible time and I’m really looking forward to going back when the baby’s here. Even the drive back through North Dakota wasn’t as terrible and awful as I was expecting. I’m still trying to finish uploading the pictures to Flickr and then I’m printing them out. I know we’re trying to declutter the house, but The Kid noticed the albums I’d printed out of my cruises and I think it’d be cool if he had a couple from the vacations we’ve taken him on.
- See 10 live shows. (Macklemore, The Dan Band, Indigo Girls). We’re way behind on this one, which means we need to schedule some stuff! In other words, I’m still plugging away on this one.
- Go through my clothes and get rid of anything I haven’t worn in a year. There sure were a lot of fancy lady business clothes in there. But here’s the deal. My last job’s HR department was constantly lecturing me about dressing professionally enough. I wear the same things here and you know what? They don’t care that I don’t wear dresses. And the HR department (which I’m part of!) doesn’t wear see-thru stripper heels like my last HR department, so we’re good here.
- Plant a garden. I did and it is glorious! We’ve had three gigantic cucumbers and there are tomatoes and papers that I’m just waiting to turn red. I’m definitely proud of myself with this one and I can thank the rainy July we had for making it happen, I can definitely tell you that with my experience, if you get ahead on spring lawn maintenance it will make a big difference once it’s time to plant.
- Volunteer with a new organization. Aside from volunteering for work at the Children’s Hospital of Minnesota, the Kid, Suzi, Jenny and I are all signed up to build a house with Habit for Humanity later this month. I can’t wait!