I started my new job on Monday and so far, it’s been fantastic. I know, I know – it’s only been two days, but here are the highlights:
- I log in to my computer using my FINGERPRINT. Whoa, technology.
- I’ve gotten my own branded portfolio and what appears to be branded lapel pin.
- They have three refrigerators that they actually clean out weekly, so I don’t have to look at bottles of water that have been there over a year (SWEAR it happened at my old job).
- Window view. Bam.
- I took an actual lunch today not at my desk and not checking my work email on my phone.
- Every single person I’ve met has been so friendly and accommodating.
- Even if you include the 30+ minute commute each way, I’m still spending less time at work than I was before.
- The people there work there butts off for 40 hours and then they go home.
- Here’s their training method so far: go learn everything else in the company and then we’ll teach you how to do your job. I love it.
- For two Mondays in May, the Gastrotruck is going to be in the parking lot.
I know it’s only been two days and I know that my self-diagnosis of a workaholic will catch up with everything eventually, but the fact that the culture is the way it is, I’m pretty darn comfortable it’s not going to turn into a regular 50-60 hour work week. And that’s good because I have softball games on Sundays and Mondays and I’m going back to school in June. More on all that later, of course.If you need more info please go here : http://dreamjobx.com/career-advice-planning