remember that time i didn’t know how to cook anything?
Which was recently and is still kind of true? Well, I’m really good at faking it. And the best part is, I’m pretty sure my dog could make the food I’ve been making but people are all like “OH-ME-GEE, this is so great!” And sometimes they really do say oh-me-gee and I want to slap them senseless.
I had a potluck at work today that I just remembered yesterday around 10am. And then I won tickets to the Lynx game, which means I didn’t get home until around 9pm. I’d already established I was going to Super-Easy Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge, because hi – 60 seconds in a microwave? DONE.
Those piles of sugar in aluminum pans, and the only things not in store packaging!, came out of my very own kitchen.
The top one is this:
- 1 16 ounce container of vanilla frosting
- 1 18 ounce container of creamy peanut butter
- Find a bowl big enough to hold 34 ounces worth of all the above ingredients.
- Find a 2nd bowl because the first one was dirty. Oops!
- Open up the frosting and make sure you get the foil liner thing off or you microwave might explode.
- Put the frosting in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- While the frosting is melting, scrape all the peanut butter out of one jar into a bowl.
- Pour the melted frosting into the bowl with the peanut butter.
- Stop stirring. You’re going to realize you’re getting sticky and it feels weird, so you ask your fiance to nicely come in and finish stirring for you.
- Once your fiance is done stirring it up, have her pour it into an aluminium pan of some nature. Doesn’t really matter what shape.
- Grab the sprinkles and go crazy, because who doesn’t love sprinkles?
The second one is the same, except I used 12 ounces of chocolate frosting, four ounces of vanilla frosting and a container of crunchy peanut butter.
Seriously. IT’S SO EASY.