I get it. I didn’t blog all weekend. My excuse is this: I was out of town all of Saturday and my cell phone broke (or is now BRICKED, as the cool internet nerds call it), so I clearly had to take care of that and take lots of naps on Sunday, hereby completely prohibiting me from blogging. So there.
Also, I’ve gotten WAY caught up in this game called SongPop. I’m playing it on Facebook. I’m not linking to it, so be smart and look it up yourself if you want to play. I promise you will. It’s a “Name that Tune” sort of game with less contestants with bad 80s hair and more graphics. You compete against someone you know (or don’t) to see who can guess five songs the fastest. Kind of like a Words with Friends but for music.
I’ve learned a lot since playing this game the last, well, three days. Here are some examples:
- I can’t tell the difference between INXS and Elton John, but I can guess a Vanilla Ice song in 1.3 seconds.
- It’s a back and forth race between my ladyfriendfiance and I in pretty much any genre. Hair bands are her specialty; boy bands seem to be mine.
- I’m not as good in the Modern Rap category as I want myself to be.
- I can recognize Bill Anderson faster than I can tell you the title of a song is Chicken Fried. (Chicken Fried. Really??)
- It took me exactly 1.3 seconds to guess Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5, Madonna’s Angel and Wiz Khalifa’s Black and Yellow.
- I can guess Kelly Clarkson, One Direction, Journey, and Heart every. Single. Time. (Yes, I’m embarrassed.)
- This random dude keeps challenging me in the Metal category. Megadeath and Slayer? TOTALLY NAILED THOSE. Pantera and Motorhead? Yeah, not so much.
- I’m really good at 80s Collection and Love Songs, of course.
In conclusion, I present the following points: I’m wasting a lot of time at home playing this game. I’m wasting even more time analyzing this game. I have really bad musical taste that has been confirmed by everyone I know as well as a stupid Facebook game. You know what? Farmville doesn’t judge me.