Thanks to Chele and Jenni, I don’t think a year could be complete without finishing this meme.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
- Adopted a kitten.
- Changed my oil. (With the supervision of my brother.)
- Made snow ice cream.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any last year! I have a whole list of 101 things to do in less than 1001 days, so I’m gonna be using that one as my resolution for the next two years.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Bill and Katie had Abby. Cindi and Adam got a new puppy named Abby, so that counts in my book. My cousin’s cousin birthed baby Brooks, who I met this past weekend and am working on a plan to kidnap his handsome little babyself. And my friend Beth had her 5th baby, Max, this summer and I still haven’t seen him. Dang.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA. USA. USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More vacations that don’t involve Missouri. Sorry, family, but mama needs some quality ocean time pretty bad. Maybe some more money, too. I’m always a fan of that.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our family trip to Chicago was one of my favorite vacation experiences ever. I can’t imagine forgetting that ever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Man, I was full of achievements. Most of them personal, but achieving all in the same!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t fail. I just learn how to improve things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Danger the Vibe.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My 3 Day homies near and far and the volunteers of Pet Project Rescue.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Haters of all kinds. The public school system.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Still dog food, just like last year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- NBA JAM FOR THE WII… which should be delivered sometime this week.
- Moving into our house.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Ones that contain lyrics like: “The square root of 69 is 8 somthing, right??” and “Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6. Like a G6, Like a G6. Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, although not by much.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Camping, traveling, saving, taking pictures.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. I just have to tell myself that everything will always turn out all right.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it in Missouri with my entire family. One of the better Christmases I can remember in years.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With Monday Night RAW.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Got hooked on Criminal Minds in a bad, bad way. And Monday Night RAW.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not at all worth the time, man.
24. What was the best book you read?
I wish I could remember. I red more books than I’ve read in a long time in 2010! I just haven’t read any in the last couple of months.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010?
The Current. Seriously. I know that answer is so 8 years ago.
26. What did you want and get?
A house with a backyard!
27. What did you want and not get?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS! (Totally copying Jenni’s answer!)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Babies. We went to go see it at the Riverview Theater and it was such a fantastic movie. Also, babies.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32! I had happy hour drinks with Amelia, Jenni and Matt, and then hung out with a ton more friends and bowling league that night.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More sleep, but I wouldn’t have wanted to sacrifice any of the the other things I did for that sleep.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
T-shirts, thermals, jeans and cargo shorts, baby. Or grown up lady business pants during the work day, but that’s just so boring.
32. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, pets. Same answer every year, but I wouldn’t change it for a thing.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Cena. The Miz. Courtney Jensen, the beatboxing Mormon, from The Sing Off.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Education, healthcare, DADT. A lot of it bugged me this year.
35. Who did you miss?
My grandma. Friends I didn’t get a chance to hang out with in person.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
People from The 3 Day and from PPR.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Living well is the best revenge. It’s a quote I found somewhere sometime in the last year and absolutely love it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Every year, baby, it goes like this: No one will ever be, like me.