I started a new job today. And, sure, I was only there for eight hours, but man – it was super awesome. It’s an industry that I have absolutely zero experience in, but I’m very, very excited to learn more about it. I’m pretty sure (like 99.7% sure) it’s the absolute most perfect fit for me, and I can’t wait to really find my groove.
Reasons why my new job is awesome (so far):
- 4 mile commute
- I don’t have to be there until 9pm
- There was cake the first day
- I can wear jeans on Friday
- The department was as excited for me to start as I was for me to start
- I walked around downtown on my lunch break.
- One of my favorite restaurants is within easy walking distance.
I really do want to tell you all about it, but I just want to be completely cautious with the whole situation. There’s lots of talk about Googling this and that, and the last thing I want is for someone to find out I’m blabbing all my new work’s business online somewhere. It’s bad enough that two dolla comes up as #7 when searching for my full name.
So far, I can tell you that today was the first day I’ve ever actually enjoyed training at a new job, even if the afternoon was spent doing industry research on our competitors, just to give me a better idea of what’s out there. I LIKED IT A LOT.