My new favorite thing since I’ve moved is keeping a notebook at my desk. Sometimes I have ideas I want to write down, or notes I want to take when on the phone with, oh, a potential employer and/or recruiter. In the old apartment, I wrote on the back of Band Aid wrappers and Taco Bell napkins, so you can see how much more effective my new note-taking system is.
My current notebook has the following:
- Various bits of information I needed to jot down when talking to D-Link a couple of weeks ago about the idiotic behavior of my router and network adapter. (I should probably call them back, because my wireless network is shady enough that I have a network cable strung across my living room. Ironically, I get a more reliable connection when stealing someone else’s wireless signal.)
- The name of my wireless network (which is? AWESOME) and the password it generated for my secure network.
- A list of people going to the Twins Opener later this month
- The instructions Tivo gave me for setting up my new cable lineup when I moved
- Two lists of things I keep thinking about, but never write down
- Two prospective companies that I talked about with my awesome recruiter on Friday afternoon
- Seven versions of the letter W
- My recruiter’s personal email address
- The DNS information for my new webhost
- a list of things my piece of shit cell phone has been doing the past two weeks and the name of the piece of shit customer service rep that I just talked to