I’ve seen this all over the place and figured now would be a good time to do it. I’m kinda bummed that I didn’t do this exact same meme last year, though.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?â€¨
Traveled to a bunch of new places (Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, North Dakota, Montana), gotten tattooed, went snorkeling, got my passport, became an ordained minister, spent a week on a cruise ship, and rode an airboat.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?â€¨
I thought I was going to read two books a month, but failed miserably. My only resolution for 2008 so far is to keep a travel journal!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?â€¨
My friend Beth had a little girl named Addy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?â€¨
My old boss from my last job died right before Thanksgiving and this summer, another former boss of mine died, too.
5. What countries did you visit?â€¨
the Dominican Republic (which makes it my first country ever to visit). Also, the Bahamas and Puerto Rico, but I don’t know if those count as other countries.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?â€¨
A job. An apartment in Minneapolis.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?â€¨
Jan 12-14: Trip to Vegas
Mar 6: My 5th Anniversary in Minnesota
Mar 25-Apr 1: Cruise to the Caribbean
Jun 28-July 1: Roughrider Days in ND
Jul 14: Boob Ha Ha Auction in St. Louis
Aug 1: The 35W Bridge Collapsed
Aug 2-5: Baseball Road trip to Milwuakee and Chicago
Aug 16: I shaved my head
Aug 24-26: My 3rd 3 Day and my parents’ surprise visit
Sept 21-26: Camping at Brunet Island
Oct 11: Got fired
Dec 14: Awesome Christmas Party
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?â€¨
Raising $5000 for The 3 Day and shaving my head as a result of it.
9. What was your biggest failure?â€¨
I should say it was getting fired, but I don’t really feel like that was a failure at all! Maybe not winning 5 billion dollars in Vegas or not staying in the Virgin Islands permanently when I was there earlier this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?â€¨
Just typical stuff!