This morning, I’ll ignore the Torii Hunter signing with the Angels situation (pending a physical), because I’m not thankful for that. Not at all.
Here’s what I am thankful for, in no particular order:
- My unemployment finally went through, meaning four weeks of unemployment moolah was depositing into my account. Hooray for getting paid.
- My friends are amazing, and everyone needs some just like them. I can go back and read archives here that talk about having "real" friends and it’s sad. Sure, I’ve had some really rock solid homies that have been through so much with me, and yes, those are real friends. There have been others, though, throughout the years that have just faded with time, or stuck true to the whole "out of sight, out of mind" cliche. I’m very thankful for everyone that I call my friend today, because they’re as real as anyone possibly could be. And, holy nuts, I appreciate that so much.
- My family, as eclectic and dysfunctional as they might be, are pretty top notch. For instance, I’m unemployed and get offers from everyone to squat at their place a few days.
- Riley. Of course, I’m thankful for him. Two and a half years ago, I never would have been thankful for a dog. And then I got one, and man. I probably do a lot of bitching about him, more than he deserves, but he’s one of the best things that possibly could have happened to me in the past few years. Even with chewed up paws, dirty ears, and everything else that comes along with him, I don’t know what I’d do without him.
- The 3 Day is the best thing in the world for so many reasons and I’m thankful for that. Every year it makes me dig down deep for the emotion and physical ability to finish the walk, as well as all the hard work it takes to raise the money year after year. I love it so much and can’t imagine a year going by without being involved with it in some capacity. It continually makes me a better person.
- I’m pretty thankful for myself. Does that sound conceited? This past year, I’ve especially grown comfortable with who I am and how I am, and it really makes things a whole hell of a lot better on a day-to-day basis.
And those that doesn’t receive long explanations:
- The Minnesota Lynx and all their fine players (just not their front office)
- Netflix and Tivo, that have both kept me entertained while unemployed
- My car that keeps running and running, knowing it can’t be replaced right now
- The Minnesota Twins, even if they suck as signing players I love
- The friends and family of all my friends and family, because you make them happy
- Facebook’s Scrabulous for filling every moment of my time
- The Internet and all it’s capacities, because without it, I wouldn’t have met so many awesome people, both in person and otherwise
- My great Aunt Helen’s corn casserole that I’m going to be enjoying in just a couple of hours, or at least once I take a shower