things are different these days

You know what always reminds me of how things have changed over time? Movies. Seriously.

At the recommendation of my Work BFF™, I had Netflix send me Roman Holiday. It’s her favorite movie, and how can we continue our Work BFF™ relationship if I’ve never seen her favorite movie?

In one of the first scenes of the movie, Audrey Hepburn is passed out in the back of a cab and Gregory Peck is smacking her upside the face to try to wake her up.

I realize their’s no current comparison to Audrey to make this a fair comparison, but if one were to make a movie in 2007 with maybe Brad Pitt leaving hand prints on Reese Witherspoon’s little face, it would be rated R for questionable violence. Now, the Netflix envelope for the DVD says Roman Holiday is unrated, but I have a feeling you wouldn’t have had to be 17 to see this 54 years ago when the movie was made.

What are your favorite movies? We can’t be Blog BFF™s if I haven’t seen your favorite movie!

11 Comments

1. said:

my favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I love Audrey….

March 4, 2007
  2. said:

I thought about you as soon as I put it in the DVD player today!

March 4, 2007
  3. Leigh said:

My faves are Se7en and Reservoir Dogs. Pretty far away from Audrey.

March 4, 2007
  4. said:

I’ve seen Se7en and loved it. I should watch it again…

I’ll add Reservoir Dogs to the list! I think I got it once and sent it back without watching it once for some reason…

March 4, 2007
  5. said:

my favorite movie is blue by krzysztof kieslowski. DO IT. you’ve probably seen the rest of my favorites.

March 5, 2007
  6. said:

I just added it!

March 5, 2007
  7. said:

My favorites are The Sound of Music and Friday. I *heart* Julie Andrews!

March 5, 2007
  8. said:

The Sound of Music is one I’m embarrassed I haven’t seen. I think I bough t it once just to say I have it.

And Friday? Yes, definitely a classic!

March 5, 2007
  9. said:

I can’t narrow it down to a single favorite. My default answer is Purple Rain because I love Prince and I don’t care at all that it isn’t a very good movie. At least it is an original answer.

The movies we own are all comedies that I can watch over and over (So I Married an Axe Murderer, Tommy Boy, Dirty Work, Happy Gilmore etc.)

March 5, 2007
  10. said:

I can absolutely appreciate comedies like that… that’s probably the majority of my collection, too. Anchorman, Zoolander, and the ones you’ve mentioned!

Man, I haven’t seen Purple Rain in forever. AND, when you’re here for The 3 Day, it’s like you’ll be visiting where Prince is FROM. ;)

March 5, 2007
  11. Auntie M said:

Hey; You can’t beat those “Ernest” movies. Especially Ernest Goes To Camp……..

March 6, 2007