Queen is the featured artist on AI tonight. This, of course, coincides with the tour they’re about to start, or maybe have already started.
I don’t know how accurate the rest of the information on this post is, but I figured I’d post it anyway. The contestants and their song choices are listed below. I’ve given my thoughts on each of them, but we’ll see how accurate it is come show time.
- Ace Young, We Will Rock You: Easy song; everyone knows it. If he screws it up, he will very likely find himself in the bottom three again. Because it’s such a well-known song, his ticket home could be in the works.
- Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls: Yeah, remember last week when I said someone better sing this song? I was not hoping that someone would be Bucky. But I still think it’s awesome he’s singing it.
- Chris Daughtry, Innuendo: Queen has apparently never performed this song live, according to the article. I can’t even remember ever hearing it on my Queen’s Greatest Hits CD. I’m sure he’ll be awesome, though, because he is ALWAYS AWESOME.
- Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love: I can’t say I know this song either, but if he needs someone to love, I will gladly volunteer.
- Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever: I’m afraid she’ll be the same every week – awesome during the performance, and then I’ll forget about her.
- Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody: Fuckin’ Kellie Pickler. If she really sings this song, I’m going to be upset. It’s an awesome song, and for someone to butcher such a classic, it would be horrible. Maybe she won’t screw it up, but for a girl with a twang like hers to sing this song, I can’t see how it will be good.
- Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On: She’s on thin ice this week, I think. I’ve never heard of this song.
- Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love: PERFECT song for Taylor. He can have a blast with it and get back into his groove of song choice, unlike last week.