101 things in 1001 days v2
This is the 2nd time I’ve attempted this feat (here’s my last jab at it) and loved that it pushed me to get things done.
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Begin Date: April 4, 2013
End Date: December 31, 2015
Items Completed: 32/101 (31.68%)
Items Not Completed: 0
Italics indicates an in-progress item
Red indicates a non-completed (i.e. failed!) item
Have a wedding.
- Get another tattoo.
- Blog every day for a month.
- Date night once a month with Amelia.
- Get a massage.
Get a manicure. (Shut up. I like it.)
- Print out pictures to hang from our trip to Vegas in 2012.
- Scan all of the pictures/papers that my grandma put in the photo album she gave me.
- Go through the stack of crap at my parents’ house they’ve been saving me.
Change the layout of this website. Send out wedding thank you notes within three months.
- Watch the IMDB top 250 movies that I haven’t seen yet.
Improve my credit score into the next step on the rating scale. Open an account with a credit union.
- Track the amount of money I make on ye ol’ blog.
- On January 1, start a separate saving with $1 the first week, $2 the second week, etc.
Health, Fitness and Sporty Stuff
- Complete C25K and run a 5K with Jenni, Matt and Ani.
- Make 25 free throws in a row.
- Get a new bike.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Do the 200 sit-up challenge.
- Do a boot camp.
- Take another fitness/cardio-related class with a detailed review of confidence power plus treadmill.
- Bowl a 200 again.
Get our family picture taken by a professional.
- Write my grandma a letter once a month.
Get Riley a sweatshirt that fits.
- Take June to obedience lessons.
Plan a Riley tattoo.
- Go out somewhere with my brother and his girlfriend.
- Go to Missouri once a year that’s not Thanksgiving or Christmas. (2013 done.)
Travel, Outdoors and Going Places
- Take a honeymoon.
- Spend a day geocaching.
- Visit somewhere outside of the US.
- Go to New Orleans.
- Go to California.
- See the Lynx play somewhere other than Target Center.
- Go see a minor league baseball game that’s not the St. Paul Saints.
- Spend a night/weekend in Duluth.
- Go hiking for longer than a couple of hours.
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Go to Valleyfair.
Go canoeing or kayaking.
- Plan a picnic in a park for several people.
- Go to one of the Minneapolis Music and Movies events.
Go camping in a new site.
- Do another Minneapolis street walk with Jenni.
Visit the in-laws in Montana.
Things to Do
- Go to three different sporting events at the U of M. (Women’s Hockey)
- Go to the Minnesota Zoo again.
Better organize my Pinterest boards.
- Read one book a month.
- See 10 live shows. (Macklemore, Indigo Girls, The Dan Band)
See Macklemore live. Get food from three new food trucks.(Cora’s, Gastrotruck, The Cupcake Social)
- Enter seed art in the Minnesota State Fair.
- Play BINGO in a Bingo Hall again or at Mystic Lake.
Go through my clothes and get rid of anything I haven’t worn in a year.
- Visit the farmer’s market once a month from May to September.
- Go see slam poetry at the Artist’s Quarter.
- Read all the Harry Potter books and watch the movies afterwards.
- Go to a gun or archery range.
Education and Learning
Officially start school. Take two classes at MCTC per semester (starting fall 2013).
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Take three community Ed classes.
Building and Making Stuff
Make a fire pit similar to this in our backyard. Plant a garden.
- Make this really mushy love story thing.
- Build up wendyberry.com for anything really.
- Complete the 365 Project.
Build Marshall a cat tower.
- Make something using old pallets.
- Try 10 new recipes.
- Make a Shutterfly photobook.
New Things to See or Do
Visit 12 new restaurants/bars.
Burger Jones, Buster’s on 28th, Gastrotruck, China Poblano, Pink’s Hot Dogs, Shamrock’s, Chris & Rob’s, Boca Chica, Boca Chica’s Taco House, Faces Mears Park
- Tour a winery.
Sign up for Untappd and use it to try new beers. (10/10)
Shock Top Belgian White, Finnegans Irish Amber, Mary Ann by 612 Brew, Magners Irish Pear Cider, Cremona Cream Ale, and Kotbusser by Reads Landing Brewing Company, Chit Chat Belgian White Ale, Springboard, Bitter Brewery by Surly, Johnny Appleseed Cider.
- Watch 20 documentaries. (6/20)
“I Think We’re Alone Now”, “Beyond the Myth”, “Bronies”, “The Jeffrey Dahmer Files”, “Bully”, “Blackfish”.
Go to the Mob Museum in Las Vegas.
- Bet on a sports team in Vegas.
- Tour a brewery.
Join a professional networking organization.
- Get my PHR certificate (if work will pay for it).
- Get a new title at work. (Again.)
Around the House
- Host a poker night at our house.
- Organize the garage.
Rearrange our bedroom.
- Burn all my photos up through 2012 to DVD.
- Buy a wading pool for the dogs.
- Convert my parents’ VHS tapes to DVD.
Declutter the coat closet.
- Retrieve all the information on my parents’ hard drive
Get a DSLR.
Volunteer with a new organization. Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children again. Do the MN Aids Walk again.
- Teach a community ed class.
101 Things Related
- Put $10 in savings each time I complete a task on the list.
- Have a new 101 list ready to go when its time to start a new one.